Education & Training Resources
AHLEI Training Available: COVID-19 Precautions for Hotels
AHLEI’s new training, COVID-19 Precautions for Hotels, was created in consultation with the AHLA’s Safe Stay Advisory Council, the training highlights industry guidelines and practices endorsed by all major U.S. hotel brands for the purpose of protecting guests and employees, including:
- An overview of COVID-19, its symptoms, and transmission information (Also available in Spanish)
- How employees can keep guests and themselves safer through health monitoring and reporting, correct use of face coverings, and frequent handwashing
- Updated cleaning and disinfecting procedures for front and back of the house
- Room recovery procedures in the event of a known or suspected case of COVID-19
- How to implement physical distancing measures
Individuals can sign up now for COVID-19 Precautions for Hotels trainings for just $5. There is also the ability to inquire about providing the training to larger groups. See: https://info.ahlei.org/covid
AHLA's Hospitality for Hope
AHLA has recently launched a new initiative - Hospitality For Hope in which online training, educational resources, scholarships are available to hotel employees who have lost their jobs, hours reduced, or wish to continue their education training in their current role.
By this initiative the AHLA foundation gives employees access to:
- Free hospitality management online courses
- Professional development scholarships for AHLA certifications
- Continuing education online programs (English as a Second Language, GED, and Associate Degree College Courses
This opportunity is a key resource to help keep furloughed employees engaged & connect to their role. Manager trainings are available online at no cost to all U.S. hotel & lodging employees. They feature:
- Supervisory Skill Builders
- Hospitality Manager: Leadership
- Certified Hotel Administrator review course
The American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute has made these courses available to employees April 1 - April 30.
AHLEI is also offering significant scholarship opportunities for AHLA's portfolio of professional certifications, continuing education for employees seeking attainment in English as a Second Language, high school diploma equivalency via the GED, and Associate Degree college courses that can all be done online through Pearson AcceleratED.
Employees who are currently impacted by the COVID-19 crisis are eligible to apply for AHLEI certifications as long as they were employed as of March 1, 2020. All other certification eligibility requirements are still in place.
Now through April 30, the National Restaurant Association & ServSafe are offering free food safety online courses and career development training to hospitality employees.
These include the ServSafe Food Handler course & the ServSuccess Training for Restaurant Workers. Certification opportunities available offer training and assessment at no cost.
COVID-19 specific training and additional resources are also available.